Hive 1.2 is Deprecated¶
QHIVE-5285: Hive 1.2 is deprecated.
- QHIVE-5049: Optimizes the loading time of dynamically created partitions in the Hive Metastore.
To disable this optimization, set
hive.qubole.optimize.dynpart.listingto false. Gradual Rollout | Cluster Restart Required
- QHIVE-5339: The Hive Metastore Server now uses Java 8 runtime by default.
- QHIVE-5242: Hive queries that use Hive 2.1.1 or later versions and run on the coordinator node now have their logs uploaded to
- QHIVE-5268: QDS now supports configuring the replication of Application Timeline Server (ATS) v1.5 HDFS Timeline
data. The default replication is 2. You can override this in the QDS UI using
config yarn.timeline-service.entity-group-fs-store.replicationin the Hadoop Overrides field under the cluster’s Advanced Configuration tab. The related open-source Jira is HIVE-16533.
- QTEZ-477: QDS now supports using
RollingLevelDBTimelineStorefor the ATS v1.5 Summary Store. Gradual Rollout
- QHIVE-4967: As open-source Hive has deprecated
hive.strict.checks.*configuration properties instead. Qubole has removed
qubole.compatibility.modewhich was added to throw an error when
hive.mapred.modeis set to